Hydra-Stop LLC provides safe and efficient solutions to conserve and control Earth’s most precious resource…water. Our purpose is to help municipalities and private water utilities manage, maintain and provide solutions for aging water systems. We do that by offering solutions with the easiest and most cost-effective method for municipalities and private water utilities to serve their communities while minimizing the disruption of the water supply. We operate in a fun and entrepreneurial environment where creative ideas are encouraged and openness is required. Our values are: Integrity, Innovation and Inclusion. These values are lived every day.
We recruit only the best for each critical role on our cross functional team and offer a market competitive package to include a base salary and a great benefits package with low employee costs which starts on day one. Hydra-Stop LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We recruit only the best for each critical role on our cross functional team and offer a market competitive package to include a base salary and a great benefits package with low employee costs for full time employees. Hydra-Stop LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Welder will need to perform skilled welding work in the fabrication and repair of metal equipment in the waterworks industry. Use of acetylene and electrical equipment in the fabricating, heating, welding, and cutting of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in accordance with standard trade practices. Generally, welding assignments are accompanied by blueprints, sketches, work orders and oral instructions indicating the type of material to be used.
- Practice safe and organized work practices
- Perform high quality welding tasks to ensure water-tight integrity
- Participate in continuous improvement department exercises
- Maintain welding supplies to avoid run outs
- Report daily and throughout the day on the status of open jobs in department
- Perform miscellaneous welding work on manufactured product line or around the shop
- Perform MIG and TIG welding
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service to internal customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- AWS or similar trade certification or the completion of a recognized welding apprenticeship preferred
- Understanding of the standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade
- Hot works experience required
- Understands ferrous and non-ferrous metals in relating to welding
- Understands occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to read and write English
- Average workday
- Sitting continuously (+7 hrs)
- Standing occasionally (1-2 hour)
- Walking occasionally (0-1 hour)
- Driving forklift occasionally (0-1 hour)
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry a maximum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to wear a welding hood to protect from welding gases
- Must be able to perform tasks that requirement precise manual dexterity
- Operating heavy machinery and desktop machinery